Saturday, July 18, 2009

Nothing but Dolly

So its been forever since my post, but its only because I've been working a lot. Unfortunately, its not in the pursuit of art or curation, but the proverbial they say thats how it goes during an economic down turn. All I can bring myself to do, when not working, is watch Dolly interview after Dolly interview. She is so amazing; Everything just turns out right after listening to her talk about life. Hopefully I will learn from her and keep traveling through.

Soon I'll have some new illustrations to show, I'm working on some burlesque and cabaret posters for friends. These drawings are very traditional but proving to be a lot of fun. Inspired by my boyfriends "Over There" poster, they will be roughly 17 x 14 drawings with three characters, put on by each burlesque performer, framed by decorative designs.

Its nice to be working and keeping the drawing muscles alive. Last time I took a break for a couple of months it took days to regain the dexterity to create illusions of space and form. Its been long enough that the first drawing is taking a lot of concentration... but I can feel everything falling into place.

And until then, I'm just travelin' travelin' travelin' through

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home